After spending a week in Denmark it's safe to say that I fell in love with the country. So you can expect Danish and 斯堪的纳维亚人 desserts coming up! I already made a pre-Denmark dessert the 丹麦酥皮, and now one of my new favorite cakes: a Drømmekage 或丹麦梦蛋糕。是， this cake is a 梦想 in every possible way! 它是 梦想 to make because it's super easy, it's a 梦想 to eat because it's super delicious, and my favorite, when eating a slice I 梦想 of Denmark (and hopefully a returning visit!). I made this cake in Denmark attending a baking workshop and to cure my post-Denmark depression I'm making it again! Rating: 5 out of 5. Super duper nice!
Ingredients for 蛋糕:
- 2¼cup (250g) all-purpose flour
- ¼cup (50g) unsalted butter, softened
- 7 oz. (200ml) milk
- 1⅓cups (300g) granulated sugar
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½cup (125g) unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup (50ml) milk
- 1⅓cups (100g) dessicated coconut
- 1to 1¼cups (200-250g) light brown sugar
- For the Topping: In a mixing bowl, combine all topping ingredients. Set aside until ready to spread over cake.
- For the 蛋糕: Preheat oven to 200 degrees C/400 degrees F. Grease an 8 要么 9-inch (20-22cm) square 要么 round baking pan. If desired, line baking pan with parchment paper, then grease paper.
- Sift the flour with the baking powder. Melt the 50g butter and mix with the 200ml milk. Beat the eggs with the sugar and vanilla extract until light and fluffy, then fold in the flour mixture. Lastly, fold in the butter and milk mixture.
- Pour into prepared baking pan and bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes 要么 until wooden pick inserted into center of cake comes out clean (leave oven on and set to 225 degrees C/425 degrees F). Remove cake from oven and immediately spread the topping over cake and bake cake for an additional 5-10 minutes at 225 degrees C/425 degrees F. Cool cake completely on wire cooling rack before serving. Cut cake into squares (or wedges, if baking cake in a round pan).